Tuesday, August 11, 2015
Today I mainly worked on preparing the presentation for Friday. There wasn't much work to do but I did schedule a meeting with Gabe, Kamran and John for tomorrow to go over the data we collected. It was a pretty slow day but most of the presentation is completed with only a bit of work left to be done.
Saturday, August 8, 2015
Today I worked with matlab and the data we've collected. Using matlab and the events I tagged I created graphs that show the movement of the right and left foot of the person doing the experiment. Then using matlab I created lines on the graph that show where each eye event occurs, color coding them and labeling them for easy identification. For lunch we grilled outside again and played volleyball. There were hot dogs and soda with the added bonus of cookies!On Monday the plan is to look at the graphs I made and see if the data can be used to confirm or deny some of the hypothesis we have. After that we will meet with the rest of the lab to discuss our results.
Friday, August 7, 2015
Today I spent the morning working with the data from the trials again. When I first turned on the computer I couldn't get into the campus WiFi because I forgot the password to my account. I had to go with Bob to the service desk where they were able to reset it for me. After I accessed the internet I began to work with the data. I managed to finish up recording events for the 20 trials we recorded. While I was working on that, John worked on our presentation for next Friday. After that John and I worked on our abstract, polishing it , and then sent our final version to Bob, After lunch Kamran showed John and me some basics of how to work with MATLAB and for the rest of the day we worked with the data in MATLAB. Using code that Kamran provided we were able to graph the movements of both feet during the trials as well as the position of the obstacles. Tomorrow the goal is to plot the times of eye movements on the same graph.
Thursday, August 6, 2015
Today I spent time working with the results of the trials we conducted yesterday. Using a text file that contained data from the VR equipment as well as the video and gaze track data I created a spreadsheet showing the major events in each trial. Such events include looking away from the tv, looking at the obstacle, and the start and end of the trial. I spent most of the day figuring out how to work with the data in order to streamline the process of recording events. By the end of the day I had the events from a bit less than half of the trials recorded and hope to finish them tomorrow morning.
Wednesday, August 5, 2015
Today John and I started the day off by setting up a tv and Xbox in our room. The Xbox is for people to play a game while they participate in the walking experiment. The game serves as a constant distraction. After that we spent time using the glasses as well as motion trackers to run trials in the 3d environment. By the end of the day we had run 20 good trails and we should be able to start working with our results by tomorrow.
Today was my first day in the PerForM lab. I started the day off with an overview of the project from Gabe Diaz as well as having him answer questions. After that I spent the day working with the eye tracking glasses. I attached them to the shutter glasses used in the VR environment. Then I worked to make sure that the glasses could still track the eyes and that readings weren't altered by the shutter glasses.
Monday, August 3, 2015
Today I finished analyzing the data. For lunch we went outside to grill hotdogs. We also played soccer during lunch. After lunch I met with people from the Perform Lab to discuss what I'd be doing for the next couple weeks. After that I met with with the rest of the people involved in the experiment and compared results. This wrapped up the eye track experiment. Next week I'll be working on a new project.